This is a gorgeous three-way starting with a silvery olive green moving into a delicate silvery blue with teh slightest speckling of aqua blue into soft spring violet.
Gorgeous Gradients now available in a limited supply of 100% Pure Mulberry Silk.
Monet is the 2-ply version of these stunning offerings. Buttery soft, excellent for next to the skin wear, sets off any outfit it's worn with.
Makes up beautifully in the following scarf (pictured): https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kokuhaku<br />
This is a 2-Ply, 426 yd, 100 gram / 3.5 oz Prewound ball, ready for you to start as soon as you take it out of the package!
This also makes a gorgeous gift for the knitters in your life!
Special Silk Care Instructions directly from Carol Larsen, Textile Designer, River's Edge Fiber Arts
CARING for Hand Washable Finished 100% Silk Textiles:
1. Squirt in one drop of liquid Dawn per 3.5 oz of silk and 2 tablespoons of white vinegar into the bottom of a large bowl (think huge bowl to serve at a potluck) that is smooth with no rough edges or surfaces.
2. Place the item on top of the water, and gently push it downwards into the water. The item is agoraphobic or hydrophobic (fear of water), so it doesn’t like to be wetted out.
3. Leave it alone and about every ½ hour go back and push it back down, eventually the surface tension will release and it will start to absorb water.
4. Do not wring, or squeeze or handle harshly. Press the water out between your hands.
5. Rinsing: cool water about 2 times. Press and hold the fabric against the side of the bowl, and tip the excess water out, rather than lifting the fabric out of the water.
6. Place fabric on thick towels, cover with more, and walk on top of them to remove excess water.
7. Lay flat to dry.
8. If necessary, steam holding the iron/steamer just above the fabric and smooth out with your fingers.
Why this method is ideal: The vinegar helps to break the surface tension of the water and also helps produce a clear rinse quickly reducing unnecessary wear and tear on the fabric. Dawn lifts out dirt without having to “swish” the fabric around. I have used this method for over 30 years.
Major Credit Cards, Paypal, Checks, and Money Orders.
You are also welcome to complete your order by phone. 517-643-9968.
All items are shipped via USPS 1st Class Mail or Priority Mail (weight based).
I will happily ship straight to a giftee as well as include a personal note as requested, just leave me the info in the note to seller at checkout.
All hand-dyed fibers, yarns, and finished goods are final sales.
Spinning and weaving equipment are covered by limited warranties that are provided by each company.